Design Support, Permitting, and Construction Services
Westwood’s experience providing solutions on complex electric transmission and distribution projects across the nation has established Westwood as the preferred resource for survey, aerial mapping, and LiDAR services. Westwood understands our clients’ needs and has built a suite of services and a team to deliver them with the responsiveness, attention to detail, and commitment to quality that takes risk and worry out of any power delivery project. We are professionally registered, licensed, and experienced across the nation and serve our clients from multiple U.S. locations.
Westwood adheres to the most stringent requirements in the industry.
- ISNetworld, PEC/Premier, PICS, and BROWZ compliant
- NCMS DOT drug and alcohol testing compliant
- Operator qualified through Veriforce, Energy WorldNet, and NCCER
- OSHA 10, H2S, CPR, and first aid certified
- Incident rates consistently below industry average
Safety is embedded in Westwood's culture. With attention to safe work practices, training and support, we have had hundreds of thousands of man-hours of continuous operations on large projects with no lost time or recordable incidents or accidents. Read more.
Need help with your project?
We help utilities, T&D designers, and developers by providing mapping, surveying, and engineering services for site selection, site constraints, and regulatory requirements.
- High-Resolution Aerial Mapping, LiDAR, and Photogrammetry: Conventional and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles UAVs/Drones
- Boundary Surveying and Base Mapping
- Legal Descriptions and Exhibits
- Siting and Routing Studies
- Permitting Support
- Natural Resource Assessments and Field Studies
- Wetland Delineation and Permitting
- Cultural Resource Studies
- Civil Engineering Design
- Existing Road Studies and Transportation Analysis
We work with the project team to ensure that survey needs are met, property restoration is properly carried out, and our support activities comply with permit requirements.
- Construction Staking
- SWPPP/NPDES and SPCC Permitting and Compliance
- As-Built and Verification Surveys
- Construction Inspection
- High-Resolution Aerial Mapping, LiDAR, and Photogrammetry: Conventional and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs/Drones)
- Xcel Energy
- Great River Energy
- Tri-State G&T
- Kansas City Power & Light Co.
- HDR, Inc.
- POWER Engineers
- Burns & McDonnell