Site Evaluation and Permitting, Design, and Construction Support
The expertise of Westwood’s solar energy team was established by supporting more than 7 GW of ground mounted, commercial rooftop, and solar+storage projects since 2010. This experience coupled with our depth of in-house professionals dedicated to understanding the nuances of the market enables us to respond quickly and provide customized, reliable, and cost-effective project solutions.
We are accustomed to the ever changing technological, environmental, code, and utility requirements affecting projects. We work to reduce risk and optimize a project’s design while streamline the development and construction processes. We are professionally registered, licensed, and experienced in across the U.S. and its territories.
A culture of employee safety and well-being.
Westwood adheres to the most stringent safety requirements in the industry.
- ISNetworld, PEC/Premier, PICS, and BROWZ compliant
- NCMS DOT drug and alcohol testing compliant
- Operator qualified through Veriforce, Energy WorldNet, and NCCER
- OSHA 10, H2S, CPR, and first aid certified
- Incident rates consistently below industry average
Safety is woven into our culture. Westwood instills daily practices that reduce injuries, accidents, and close calls.
Need help with your project?
- Conceptual Site Plans
- Site Selection Screening
- Energy Production Estimates
- Comparative Analysis of Design Options
- Interconnection Application Support
- Permit Matrix
- Federal, State, and Local Permitting
- Fatal Flaw Studies
- Natural Resource Assessments and Field Studies
- Wetland Delineation and Permitting
- Cultural Resource Studies
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Reflectivity Studies
- Photo Simulations
- Landscape Plans
- Pollinator-Friendly Vegetation Plans
- Preliminary Plan Sets
- Preliminary Earthwork Analysis
- Preliminary Hydrology Studies and Modeling
- Desktop Geotechnical Review
- Boundary and Encumbrance Exhibit (Desktop Survey)
- Due Diligence Reviews
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Conventional Topographic Surveys
- High-Resolution Aerial Mapping
- Geotechnical Investigations
- Foundation Design
- Pre-Design Pile Load Testing (Pull Testing)
- Civil Engineering Design
- Hydrologic/Hydraulic Modeling
- Array Elevation Plan
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans
- DC Electrical Engineering
- AC Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Studies
- Substation and Overhead T&D Coordination
- Communication Systems Coordination
- 3rd Party Review and Engineering
- EPC Bid Assistance
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Management
- Construction Staking
- Production Pile Load Testing
- Civil Engineering Construction Observation
- Electrical Engineering Construction Observation
- Foundation Construction Observation
- Construction/Post-Construction Inspections and Compliance
- Record Drawings
- Post-Construction ALTA/NSPS Surveys
- Interconnection Coordination
- Performance Verification
- Blattner Energy, Inc.
- EDF Renewable Energy
- E.ON Climate and Renewables
- First Solar, Inc.
- Geronimo Energy
- M + W Energy, Inc.
- Mortenson Construction
- Signal Energy
- SunPower Corporation