Site Evaluation and Permitting, Pre-Construction Development, and Construction Support
Developing and constructing wind projects is extremely time and resource sensitive. The aggressive schedules and continuously evolving requirements of the wind industry require a team that is responsive, flexible, and reliable. Westwood takes pride in being all of those things. Our professionals support our clients with national registrations, licenses, and experience and serve them from office locations throughout the U.S.
Westwood supports the development of utility-scale wind projects across the nation. We provide a broad range of professional services to project developers, contractors, and utilities.
We help our clients identify and retire risks early by analyzing site constraints, defining regulatory requirements, and performing the field studies required to attain site permits.
- Critical Issues Analysis
- Regulatory Analysis and Agency Coordination
- Federal, State, and Local Permitting
- Natural Resource Assessments and Field Studies
- Wetland Delineation and Permitting
- Cultural Resource Studies
- Ecological Risk Assessments
- Bird and Bat Conservation Strategies
- Pre-Construction Avian and Bat Field Studies
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Utility Interconnection Coordination
- Due Diligence Reviews
Our survey, engineering, and GIS teams collaborate to create project plans that are tailored to address the unique challenges and opportunities of each project site.
- Pre-Design Site Planning
- 3D Site Visualizations
- High-Resolution Aerial Mapping
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys
- AC Collector Electrical Engineering
- Utility Crossing Matrix
- Civil Engineering Design
- Turbine Micrositing
- Existing Road Studies and Transportation Analysis
- Hydrology Modeling
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans
- Contractor RFP Preparation and Bidding Assistance
- Owner’s Engineer Services
We integrate our services with the activities of developers and contractors to ensure compliance with final design and permit commitments, and adherence to accurate construction boundaries.
- Construction Staking
- Construction Compliance Monitoring
- Civil Engineering Construction Observation
- Construction Impact Surveys
- Record Drawings
- As-Built ALTA/NSPS Surveys
- Environmental Restoration
- Post-Construction Site Monitoring
- APEX Clean Energy, Inc.
- Blattner Energy, Inc.
- EDF Renewable Energy
- Enel Green Power North America, Inc.
- Gamesa Wind US, LLC
- Geronimo Energy
- Mortenson Construction
- Power Company of Wyoming, LLC
- Signal Energy
- Terra-Gen Power, LLC
- TradeWind Energy
- Tri Global Energy, LLC
- Wanzek Construction, Inc.