2016 Canstruction Minneapolis Competition ResultsSeptember 29, 2016
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – Westwood chaired this year’s Canstruction Minneapolis competition held at the Mall of America, and is proud to announce the winners.
- Structural Ingenuity – “Quacking Down on Hunger”, built by Cuningham Group
- Best Use of Labels – “The Purple One”, built by DLR Group
- Best Meal – “The NO Longer Hungry Caterpillar”, built by Kodet Architectural Group
- Juror’s Favorite – “Kiss Hunger Good-Bye”, built by VAA, LLC
- Honorable Mention – “As Sweet As CAN BEE”, built by BWBR
- People’s Choice – “As Sweet As CAN BEE”, built by BWBR
Nine teams competed in the 11th annual local event which was held on Saturday, September 24. Six judges, consisting of architects, industry professionals, artists, and a chef, deliberated for more than two hours to determine the winning sculptures. Photos of the winning sculptures will be submitted to the international competition, which will announce winners in the spring of 2017.
In total, these nine teams donated 48,794 pounds of food to Second Harvest Heartland, a local food shelf. Westwood applauds the contributions and efforts of all teams that participated, including ISG, BKV Group, Dunwoody College/Mortenson Construction, and Westwood. Westwood would also like to thank the sponsors of the event, including Mall of America, SDA, and Hard Rock Cafe. All of the competition’s structures can be seen on the Canstruction Minneapolis web site.