lansdale, PA lake mary, FL westminster, CO west henrietta, NY
Transmission and Distrubution
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Lead Transmission Engineer to join our team in our team. The Lead Transmission Engineer will be a part of the electric transmission design team and will be responsible for leading teams designing multiple projects ranging from small “quick turn-around” to large complex transmission lines. This position provides the opportunity to directly apply your leadership experience and knowledge of transmission lines to assure the successful execution of a wide variety of projects.As a Lead Engineer, you will guide younger engineers in the application of NESC, NEC, ASCE, and other standards of engineering design and will conduct the reviews of, plans and specifications, material lists, and construction documents. This role will serve to interface between the T&D Engineering group and other stakeholders such as project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead technical staff in the preparation of utility engineering designs, cost estimates, and customer billing.
- Manage the engineering aspects of multiple projects ranging from 34.5kV to 500kV.in developing project schedules and defining technical staff for projects and daily work.
- Assist in the development of technical staff through mentoring, instructing of technical engineering principles, and governing electrical and safety codes.
- Instruct and teach the technical staff in the use of computer systems and software, tools and equipment, and company-owned motor vehicles.
- Manage and provide guidance and direction for professional communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate internal/external reviews of designs completed prior to submissions.
- Collaborate with the department managers to develop, evaluate, and implement new policies and procedures which reflect best engineering practices.
- Collaborate with other departments and divisions on company-wide initiatives.
- Maintain great relationships with our existing clients and seek out opportunities with potential future clients.