Permitting, Design, and Construction Support
Developing and constructing wind projects is extremely time and resource sensitive. The aggressive schedules and continuously evolving requirements of the wind industry require a team that is responsive, flexible, and reliable. Westwood takes pride in being all of those things. Our professionals support our clients with national registrations, licenses, and experience and serve them from office locations throughout the U.S.
Westwood supports the development of utility-scale wind projects across the nation. We provide a broad range of professional services to project developers, contractors, and utilities.
Need help with your project?
We help our clients identify and retire risks early by analyzing site constraints, defining regulatory requirements, and performing the field studies required to attain site permits.
- Critical Issues Analysis
- Permit Matrix
- Federal, State, and Local Permitting
- Natural Resource Assessments and Field Studies
- Photo Simulations
- Wetland Delineation and Permitting
- Cultural Resource Studies
- BBCS/Eagle Conservation Plans
- Pre-Construction Avian and Bat Field Studies
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Due Diligence Reviews
- Preliminary Geotechnical Review
- Desktop Subsurface Utility Review
- Preliminary Engineering
Our survey, engineering, and GIS teams collaborate to create project plans that are tailored to address the unique challenges and opportunities of each project site.
- High-Resolution Aerial Mapping
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title and Boundary Surveys
- Geotechnical Investigation
- Geotechnical Design
- Existing Road Studies and Transportation Analysis
- Hydrologic/Hydraulic Modeling
- Turbine Micrositing
- Civil Engineering
- Utility Crossing Matrix
- Subsurface Utility Engineering
- AC Electrical Engineering
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans
- Decommissioning Plans
- Owner’s Engineer Services
We integrate our services with the activities of developers and contractors to ensure compliance with final design and permit commitments, and adherence to accurate construction boundaries.
- Construction Staking
- Construction Data Acquisition Technology
- Construction Administration
- Construction Observation
- Construction Impact Surveys
- Record Drawings
The work isn’t necessarily done when construction is complete. Our team works with the owner to ensure the project gets closed out properly and stays in compliance with environmental and avian post construction requirements.
- Post-Construction Aerial Mapping & LiDAR
- Post-Construction ALTA/NSPS Survey
- Environmental Restoration Monitoring
- Avian Fatality Monitoring
- Operational SPCC
- Eagle Risk Assessments
- APEX Clean Energy, Inc.
- Blattner Energy, Inc.
- EDF Renewable Energy
- Enel Green Power North America, Inc.
- Gamesa Wind US, LLC
- Geronimo Energy
- IEA Renewable Energy
- Mortenson Construction
- Power Company of Wyoming, LLC
- Signal Energy
- Terra-Gen Power, LLC
- TradeWind Energy
- Tri Global Energy, LLC
- Wanzek Construction, Inc.