Put technologically forward-thinking water resource professionals who are networked throughout all levels of government on your team and you’ll have one less stressor on your project. That is what you can expect from Westwood. Completing hundreds of SWPPPs, SPCCs, and water engineering projects every year, across the nation and beyond, we’re ready for whatever you throw our way, from your half-acre lot drainage design to your thousand-acre project permitting and final design.
Water Resources Engineering
Finding the sweet spot that balances protecting infrastructure and water quality, complying with permit regulations, and staying in budget isn’t tough if you’ve got the right consultant. As your advocate, we are already up to speed on your project’s local regulations and can provide you with everything from hydrology studies through post-construction inspection.
- Conditional Use Permits (CUP) Support
- Grading, Drainage, and Erosion Control Plans
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling
- Green Infrastructure: Water Reuse, Green Roofs, Raingardens, Pervious Pavement, Natural Retention Areas
- Water Quality Modeling
- Hydrology Studies & Due Diligence Hydrology Review
- FEMA Flood Studies
- Permanent Stormwater Facility Inspection and Monitoring
- Stream Restoration and Stabilization
- Wetland Mitigation and Restoration
- Local Government Stormwater Permitting
- Stormwater Management Plans
- Soil Infiltration Tests: Double-Ring and MPD Infiltrometer
Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans and Construction Stormwater Management
Prepare your project for a better tomorrow while helping to protect our natural resources with a quality SWPPP and, of course, complying with federal and state stormwater regulations. We bring a long list of licensures in stormwater management, so we can support you almost anywhere. You’ll also get a team with history of successful SWPPPs in 35+ states to help you out.
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permitting
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Development
- Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Construction SWPPP Inspections
- Industrial SWPPPs
- On-Call Troubleshooting
- Enforcement Response
- Field Video Systems
- Notice of Intents (NOIs), Notice of Termination (NOTs)
- National Licensures (CPESC, SISEC, CESSWI, QSD, QSP, Level II CDP, CSM, DCS)
- Onsite Training to Construction Groups
Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans
Water resources are all around us, so when your project requires a Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) plan, we’ll be there to conduct site inspections and provide on-site training to construction groups to ensure the waterways are protected.
- Oil Storage Planning
- Construction SPCCs
- Operational SPCCs
- Nationwide Site Inspections and Certifications
- Oil Containment Recommendations
- Diesel and Hydraulic Oil Management
"Growing up on the banks of the Mississippi River in Minnesota (Land of 10,000 Lakes), my love of water was cultivated from a very young age. Summers are still spent on the water; fishing and swimming with my kids, wife, and long-time friends. I bring my passion for the outdoors to the office where I am fortunate to work on amazing wind and solar farms that are truly engineering marvels."
With several offices and professional expertise in nearly all of the US, we have what it takes to support wind, solar, energy storage, and power delivery projects across the country.