The Market Director role focuses on market strategy, market growth, market performance, client relationships, and client growth. Focus is near to mid-term (6-24+ months out). Market Director is accountable for revenue, backlog, booked new work, and AR goals plus market P&L and market budget. Market Directors are also responsible for team leadership, mentorship, and growth of Senior Project Managers and Project Managers. Market Leadership Responsibilities:
- Monitor the financial health of the market and take corrective action as needed.
- Stay updated on market trends and adapt strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate with other departments to plan for and adapt to changing market conditions.
- Foster growth and satisfaction among market staff.
- Contribute to the development of market strategic plans.
Team Leadership Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate effective leadership and team management skills.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between service teams to improve quality and reduce risk.
- Set clear expectations with project teams and clients.
- Demonstrate financial responsibility and understanding of project financial metrics.
- Utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Embrace adaptability, resiliency, and innovation.
- Provide input and collaborate with service leadership on lessons learned and process improvements.
- Represent the organization in communications related to assigned clients and industry.
Client Management Responsibilities:Full accountability on a portfolio of clients and related projects:
- Develop and implement client strategies to drive revenue and sales targets.
- Manage client relationships and lead contract and MSA negotiations.
- Regularly meet with program project managers to review project health and risks.
- Work with project managers to identify and resolve issues related to clients or sub-markets.
- Ensure clear communication and collaboration between service and market teams on program projects.
Project Management Responsibilities:Full accountability on multiple wind, solar, and/or storage projects:
- Stakeholder relationships (internal and external).
- Team management and coordination.
- Project planning and monitoring.
- Oversight of project work.
- Oversight of project deliverables (ensure QA/QC checks are complete; ensure deliverable matches the contract).
- Tracking project health and taking corrective action.
- Managing uncertainty and change (ex; scope creep, change orders) and taking corrective action.
- Timely invoicing and AR collection.
- Lead project meetings and deliver presentations.
- Lead issue resolution and risk management for assigned projects.
- Perform Go/No-Go review on new leads to ensure strategic alignment.
- Interpret client needs, prioritize, and set proposal strategy.
- Coordinate single- and multi-service proposal preparation in collaboration with service leadership.
- Lead contracting process with support from Market leadership.
Contacts / Direction:
- Assigned submarket or portfolio of clients from National Market Leader.
- Receive administrative supervision for market performance in terms of strategic objectives and limits.
- Supervise assigned Market team (Senior PMs, PMs, Assistant PMs, Senior PAs, and PAs)
- Lead issue resolution and risk management (internal and external) for assigned submarket and clients.
- Coordinate with appropriate Market Director to ensure strategic alignment.
Success Measures:Success is measured by:
- Financial success of market, including revenue, profit, booked work, aged WIP, and AR
- Degree of customer satisfaction
- Degree of team growth and satisfaction
- Appropriate risk management
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.