1. Leads all CAD Design for high voltage (4kV – 230kV) and EHV (above 230kV) substation projects. A) Services
i. Physical Design
- General Arrangements
- Plan Views and Elevation Views
- Grounding Plans
- Cable Trough/Conduit Plans
- Bill of Materials
ii.) 3D Design Technology
- Autodesk Inventor Drawings
- 3D Models
- SDS Physical for Inventor
- SDS Physical for AutoCAD
- MicroStation 3D
iii.) Standards Development and Training
- Develop Standards processes to support multiple clients
- Maintain and Update Standard Libraries
- Develop Training Materials for existing employees.
iv.) Technical Support
B) Project Execution
- Vendor Drawing Review and Incorporation
- Construction As-Builts
i.) Align and coordinate resources to develop the above listed deliverables. ii.) Coordinate project efforts with other various external and internal project team members, with familiarity in identifying when coordination is needed with certain design disciplines such as transmission line engineers, distribution line engineers, civil/structural engineers, civil site engineers, geotechnical engineers, and surveyors. iii.) Manage quality control for the team and act as the QA/QC lead. iv.) Attend project meetings on a regular basis to provide technical and leadership support/guidance as well as gauge team performance. This should be a shared responsibility between all supervisors within the department. v.) Support assigned PM in project management activities, including but not limited to proposal development, resource allocation, and schedule adherence. C) Leader and Coach
i.) Leverages experience by mentoring and training members of the team. ii.) Participate in the development of department goals. iii.) Participate in growth plan development for team members. iv.) Hold team accountable to department goals and individual growth plans.
-Ensure team is following department processes. -Continue strong customer focus attitude that Westwood is known for.
- Manage resources to maximize utilization and efficiency, working with other supervisors within the service to coordinate shared resources when needed. - Conduct Resource Alignment Meeting on a Rotational Basis. - Ensure Float reflects an accurate 4-week resource look out. - Act as main technical point of contact for clients. - Develop training and standards for the department, focusing on area of expertise. - Provides clear and honest feedback to project team, external stakeholders, and clients. - Communicate team resource/equipment needs upward. - Communicate team training needs upward. - Works to advise Management about how to maximize ROI for the team. - Fill in for Manager in his/her absence.
- Support Growth of the Substation Team
-Recruiting -Interviewing -Participate in the development of remote team strategies.
-Promote a good work life balance within your team and provide support for same. -Determine when rewards/recognitions are appropriate and work with Manager to obtain approval.
-Review and approve timesheets for direct reports. -Review and approve expense reports for direct reports.