west henrietta, NY
Transmission and Distribution Civil Engineering
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Transmission Engineering Supervisor to join our team in our team. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients. The Transmission Engineering Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising a staff of technical designers and engineers responsible for the development of engineering designs, cost estimates, and communication of technical and design information to our customers. The supervisor manages and evaluates the performance of assigned technical staff and proactively initiates measures to correct instances of work product not meeting established quality standards. The Transmission Engineering Supervisor ensures compliance with client procedures, design standards, state and federal regulatory requirements, and safety code requirements and, at times, will collaborate closely with engineers performing substation, transmission, renewable energy, power storage, and communication design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise technical staff in the preparation of utility engineering designs, cost estimates, and customer billing.
- Manage schedules and assign technical staff projects and daily work.
- Manage the development of the technical staff through mentoring, instructing on technical engineering principles, and governing electrical and safety codes.
- Instruct and teach the technical staff in areas of company policies, safety, terms and conditions under which Westwood provides service.
- Instruct and teach the technical staff in the use of computer systems and software, tools and equipment, and company-owned motor vehicles.
- Manage and provide guidance and direction for professional communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate internal/external reviews of designs completed prior to submissions.
- Evaluate the performance and development of technical staff.
- Collaborate with the department managers to develop, evaluate, and implement new policies and procedures which reflect best engineering practices.
- Collaborate with other departments and divisions on company-wide initiatives.
- Perform the duties of the Transmission Engineering Manager when the manager is unavailable.
- Maintain great relationships with our existing clients and seek out opportunities with potential future clients.